Give me one marketing strategy to grow a
successful long term photography business and
every time I will say “home delivered
newsletters”….nothing beats it, hands down…
Think about this for second….
- everyone thinks email is the way to go. Yes, email is fast, easy and cheap and if you want to be ignored, lost at sea, one of many, many emails that everyone receives daily. The fact is, email is not that effective anymore. Think about it. All the emails you receive. Do you really click and read all the promotional emails?
- home delivered newsletters shows you care. It stands out. People notice. Why? Because so few do it. Because everyone thinks email is the way, and because it is such an offbeat and unusual marketing strategy, it actually works. There is opportunity for those willing to go the extra mile. (and it isn’t that hard to do when you get right down to it)
- dollar for dollar, pound for pound, your return on investment cannot be beat. One cool thing about mailing newsletters is that it uses the basic strategies as direct response marketing. You get results you can actually measure.
- imagine your mom, old friend or grandmother mailing you a hand addressed letter. Addressed to you. In your mailbox, delivered to your home. Old fashioned spit glued stamp. You gonna open it? Of course! Mailing your clients actual newsletters, when done right, has virtually the same reaction.
- it’s very easy. Some complain that they can’t write. This, my friend, is one of the biggest myths about sending out newsletters. It’s about the content, not the writing as you’ll see.
- sending out newsletters about four times a year, more if you’re super ambitious, is really about the only marketing strategy you’d ever need.
In our studio, we only sent our newsletters out maximum four times a year, supplementing our efforts with email, phone, displays and affiliation marketing.
Newsletters DO NOT have to be designed super slick or by a graphic designer. Nor should they be professionally created or written. These are common mistakes and in fact, the opposite is true.
I call it ‘love’ when I create a newsletter that is imperfect (like me), conversational, fun, easy to read, ENTERTAINING…and more…these ingredients will blow away any highly polished super slick, mass produced newsletter out there, anytime.
I’ve created a system to help use this amazing marketing strategy in your studio.
Here’s what you get:
- I’ve created a downloadable video for you. It’s only 49 minutes long and in it I explain in detail what you need to do to implement this marketing strategy in your portrait studio. There is no better marketing you can do. I guarantee it. I challenge anyone to try this technique for one year and you will see the results.
- You’ll have access to the video, video download to watch when and where you’d like.
- A pdf manual highlighting the system I use for marketing studio newsletters
- Templates and actual psd file, an MS pub templates so you can drag and drop content and jump start this today.
- BONUS: video replay with Bill Guy on creating newsletters in photoshop