The Finishing Touch
“UP” your photos & create stunning, high-end art and profit churning paintings.
For photographers who don’t want to go crazy with Painter but who want learn enough to add extra products and profits to their bottom line.
with Marilyn Sholin
Learn from one of the best in the industry today.
After 25 years as a professional portrait photographer with a successful 2600 sq foot studio, Marilyn changed careers and directed her creative juices toward fine art digital painting and then took it further by painting on the canvas creating mixed media. Her original and spontaneous art immediately became a hit with collectors and commissioned pieces of art.
Marilyn’s art has been published, and articles about her work have been featured in magazines, books, posters, greeting cards, and gift items. Her fine art prints are exhibited in private and corporate collections throughout the United States and Europe. She has been exhibited in airports, galleries and other juried shows.
Marilyn conducts location workshops, and speaks to photography organizations and PPA schools throughout the continental United States, Canada and Europe.
She was chosen to train the Department of Defense graphic artists. Her articles and images have been featured in Imagine publications, Shutterbug, Rangefinder, and a variety of other international magazines. She has authored books on the art of portrait photography and digital painting with various publishers.
Always on the cutting edge of technology Marilyn is an avid iPhone and iPad user and is always searching out and sharing new approaches to use this technology to enhance imagination.
Marilyn maintains an active speaking schedule, addressing professional photography organizations, universities, seminars, and teaching workshops. She continues to push the limits of portrait photography to new heights.
She encourages everyone to always “Be Fearless”
Degrees and Recognition:
Corel Painter Master
PPA Certified Professional Photographer (CPP)
Florida Degree of Photographic Excellence
(Fellow of Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers International UK)
Golden Artist Educator Professional certified by Golden Acrylic Paints
THE FINISHING TOUCH in four parts
Note….all paid attendees will have access to the live presentation and a special members only access for downloading any of the presentation videos in HD or mobile sizes for review or in case any gets missed by you.You’ll also have on going access to questions and comments to Marilyn
What you need for this special presentation
Students will need Corel Painter 2015 (you can download a FREE TRIAL 30 version at corel.com right before the class.)
Marilyn will take you through an easy step by step on installing a workspace that will have everything ready for you to go.
Any version of Photoshop from CS5 up. Probably even lower versions will work also.
IDEALLY if you are serious, a Wacom tablet of any kind to get started.
If really want to invest then an Intuous 4 or Intuous Pro. (Many of her students find tablets on Ebay as people trade up.)
- Setting up Painter with a Workspace and a tour of where everything is.
- Simple explanation of Painter terms.
- A PDF will explain more of Painter short cuts and terms and will be downloaded by students.
- Starting in Photoshop how I prep an image for changes.
- The plugins I use and sizing the image and making changes that have high impact but little or few steps.
- Using Content Aware Fill to clean up images.
- Multiple methods to create a dynamic background and possibilities of changing the tones in the image.
- Small Changes for Big Improvements:
- Hair, skin and eyes all done simply and quickly.
- Hair: Adding highlights, being bold, smoothing it fast and clean.
- Skin: Adding quick blush, smoothing without a plastic effect
- Eyes: Adding correct highlights, improving color of the eye and correcting oversized pupils.
- How to create a fast painterly eye to enhance the portrait.
- Taking it further in Painter:
- Simple painting clothing with one brush
- Adding painterly effects in highlights and shadows.
- Choosing what to change and what to leave alone.
- Finishing in Photoshop to prepare to print.
- Multiple effects and plugins in Photoshop for finishing
- Painting the digitally printed finished canvas with acrylic paints.
- Materials needed (list will be provided with brand names)
- Simple embellishing adds value.
- Textures vs. adding colors
- Finishing the canvas
THIS Series IS INCLUDED WHEN YOU JOIN noBs Photo Success Inner Circle Members Forum
Leave a Reply