An interview with Kira Derryberry. Some highlights and quotes:
- “they have to know why they love an image….it’s a feeling….”
- critique…’everyone’s an expert online
- “I start a dialogue that ends in a sale…”
- Personal projects segue to sales and money
- Essential: Good with people
- “It’s a choice…”
- Give yourself permission to fail….and take the variables out
Kira admits there are a million Facebook groups….but she always wanted to start one. In discussion with her she decided to “level up” and get it done.
And so it it.
“Have you ever met a carpenter who only uses a hammer? A chef who only uses a hot plate? As professionals we have a wealth of tools at our disposal to create our art. So why limit ourselves by shooting only in our comfort zones? This group is here to encourage you to keep learning, to experiment, to increase your bag of tricks as a photographer so that it’s not fear that keeps you from taking that assignment that’s outside of your wheelhouse. Why not make it your wheelhouse?…”
Yours in success and in photography,