Can paranoia be healthy? What about fear?
Fear and paranoia can be destructive.
But a healthy fear can light the way to success. Knowing the difference is key.
Here’s a couple pointers from my little pea brain:
- Never take anything for granted. In other words, assume, in a healthy way, it will all go away.
- Assume things can go wrong. You know they will. What steps would you need to take in case they do?
- Business will go away. Especially if you rely on ONE market. In my studio I take this very serious. Losing one market, when you depend on it, is catastrophic. Losing one when you have several, is a bump in the road.
- Anticipate worst case scenarios, in a realistic way, and plan accordingly.
- Have a big picture vision and adjust the day-to-day details as you move towards your end goal.
- The journey is NEVER a straight line. It always zigs and zags.
- Stay big picture optimistic and detail pessimistic. This will carry you through. It’s always been my strategy.
You can take fear and paranoia too far. Or, not use it at all.
We’re basically lazy. We assume we’re entitled to things always being the way they are.
If you can be realistic, and stay cool, calm and objective, you’ll be able to plan well. Having a healthy paranoia is key.
Yours in success in photography
Leave a Reply