I’ve read a few books about the wealthy and prosperity. It’s always been an area of pain, frustration and limitation with me.
I did not grow up with much. And I heard the typical stuff you likely heard as well. Things like “money doesn’t grow on trees”… or…”hard earned money”…..
Over the years I changed my beliefs. Wasn’t easy, but I did it. I still struggle mind you, but it’s not nearly as challenging as it once was.
If you asked me in a nutshell what I learned, here it is:
- Focus on earning, not saving
- Leverage creates wealth, not hard work
- Money is earned from thought, not hard labor
- Never worry about running our of money, instead, think about how to innovate and make more (by the way, that’s a big one)
- Don’t see money with emotions, but with logic
- Realize you are in control of your wealth, not luck or fate
- Don’t wait for some external force, politician or whatever to ‘rescue’ you
- Take action. Nothing, nothing, nothing beats taking action
- Don’t stress about money. Get peace from it
- Money is just a tool, an energy. What we do with it is up to us. If we’re a jerk, it may make us more of a jerk. Likewise, you can do great and wonderful things with it and become more of who you are.
- Avoid debt like the plague. (especially credit card debt)
- Be patient. But have goals and believe in them. Too often our goals are impulses from vapious mal-contents, or we become like whiney little babies who want it all now. Delay gratification.
Money is an idea. Frozen energy. It has no direction, moral compass or discretion.
We give that to it, for better or worse. It goes where money already is and is attracted to activity and thoughts that magnetize it. It all starts with you.
Money is a responsibility. Therefore, we must be responsible. No guilt, no shame, no distorted sense of morality.
When you create wealth, your wealth and get cool with it, you get in touch with your own destiny in many ways.
When you grow, and welcome prosperity into your being, you actually become a better person. You become more of who you are meant to become. If you let it.
It’s never just about the money. Money isn’t everything. If you think that, then you are thinking small.
If you pursue money out of desperation, it will run away from you.
If you create money just for the money, you will not be successful.
But you must be guilt free and open to it in order to succeed both financially and as an individual. Get rid of the crap and get focused on what you want. I owe, I owe…what a crappy reason to go to work. Yuch….
It’s important to be cool with money and prosperity. Be challenged too! That’s where growth and opportunity lie.
Here’s a presentation I created on setting goals and adding value to your life. It’s timeless, priceless and available for all.
Where I dig deep into managing mindset in order to achieve prosperity. For members of NoBs Photosuccess™