It’s true, you don’t really need a studio to be successful in your own photography business.
But it sure is nice to have one. Here’s 7 reasons why it’s really cool to have one:
- You have control…lighting, drops, looks you want to create. To me, it’s like a chef in his own kitchen. I feel at home, and I feel creative
- I can offer way, way more photography promotions and offers….fairies, cross promotions (like the one I’m doing with Montessori School this and every fall..)
- It pushes my brand…I stand out
- It impresses clients and potential clients. Having them in my studio, for whatever reason, is an opportunity to make an impression. Of course, you don’t want to be a slob and have the place smell like pastrami
- Sales….yes, sales. You will make more sales in your own studio. It’s your battlefield and you get to create the sales room for maximum impact
- Bricks and mortar….location of course. If you have a legit commercial location you get the added benefit of having people see your place, and your work. This adds a level of credibility.
- Compliance. Yes, you are committed and feel way more compelled to make it work. There are no guarantees but if you’re going to ramp up your photographic game and run a bricks and mortar business you’ll get way more serious about marketing and all things business related.
No, you don’t absolutely need a studio to make money in photography. Some markets in photography are strictly on location. And with good marketing, branding and networking you can be successful.
But I’m a studio guy. I like having my place, where I can create, connect, impress and call it “home”.
Because having a studio to me always felt like home. A base. World headquarters. Mi casa. My cave.
Ascension marketing, selling, busting out into many more different markets within my market and more, so much more, are possible with a studio.
Next Wednesday I am running the August 2018 Marketing Mastermind where I’ll go over some of the essentials and basics including actual promotions I’m running in my studio.
Join us! Your questions in advance are welcome…firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert N. Provencher – Your Master Coach Marketer
“If you want to be a profitable and successful photographer, then study profitable and successful photographers.”