Thu, May 3, 2018 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM EDT REGISTER HERE
Thomas Dodd is BACK to discuss:
- Marketing – what to do and NOT to do on social media to build a fan/collector base.
- How to approach galleries ,how to get shows – how to approach the media –
- How to get your images seen in Google image search
- How to market in every day life, etc. etc….
- Creativity – How intentions and influences shape our artistic style, how to be “original” as opposed to a copy – ways to “jump-start” creativity, how to overcome creative blocks
- How to coax creativity out of models.. different forms of creativity, etc etc..
Thomas Dodd is a visual artist and photographer based out of Atlanta, Georgia who has developed a style that he calls “painterly photo montage” – a method he employs in editing software in which he crafts elaborately textured pieces that have a very organic and decidedly non-digital look to them.
His work often has mythic and quasi-religious themes that pay homage to Old Master art traditions while at the same time drawing from psychological archetypes that evoke a strong emotional response from the viewer.
Although his artwork resembles paintings, his pieces are entirely photographic in nature, fusing many images into a cohesive whole. His larger works are often presented in a mixed media form that adds a depth and texture that complements the photography beautifully. http://www.thomasdodd.com/